A dear friend visited us last weekend and remarked at one point about how we don’t watch television. That’s not quite true. It is true that we’ve never had cable and now, with all the online availability, we probably never will. When we watch television, it’s deliberate: it’s on for a particular show and then we turn it off when it’s done.
I like to watch the 10 p.m. news and the first part of The Late Show with David Letterman in the evening, and I always holler out when Dave’s ready to read the Top 10 list because Sam enjoys them so much.
Here’s Sam’s T.V. Guide:
- Dancing with the Stars, but after the first few eliminations (“They aren’t that good in the beginning,” Sam says)
- America’s Funniest Home Videos
- Wheel of Fortune
- Saturday Night Live: the opening sketch and Weekend Update
- The weather, especially Ch. 5 Rameisha Shade
- Dave Letterman reading the Top Ten List
I’m not sure what this says, but it says something.