From Texas Parent to Parent:
The TxP2P Paying It Forward Awards recognize the best in Family Support for families of children with disabilities, chronic illness or special health care needs. There are two categories: Parent Support Category (support provided by another parent or family member of a child with a disability) and Family Support Category (support provided from professional, service provider or anyone other than another parent). The winning stories will receive a trophy and free registrations to the TxP2P Annual Parent Conference for the winner and the parent who nominated them. First and second runners-up will receive a gift card.
- Write a one-page story about Family Support and include a photograph of your family or child (500 words or less)
- Complete Nomination Form* or attach information onto your story or email
- Mail or email your entry no later than April 1st, 2013
- You will hear from us if your story is a finalist by April 15th and it will be posted on the website for on-line voting that will begin April 22nd
- We will contact you by June 6th if you are one of the two winners or runners-up
- We will announce the winners at the conference on Friday July 26th.
You can submit your nomination online.